Saturday, November 30, 2013

Rotana Tarabzouni Sings Once More

Saudi student and vocalist Rotana Tarabzouni wrote to us here at the blog. She has a new video up on YouTube, linked below. Her singing is fantastic, very emotional, heartfelt and beautiful.

Dear K,

As a month has passed, I wanted to say thank you for your correspondence with me at the time of launching the video I made in unison with the October26 campaign. Your support was so meaningful to me . 

As I continue to pursue music as a way of inspiring other Arab women – and women in general - to follow their bliss , I think it is very important that I keep those that have supported me along the way posted .

As you can imagine, there was quite a bit of backlash and efforts to silence me after that video, as has been the case whenever I rise and sing as a Saudi women. Instead of fighting dark with dark, I decided to sing ..Below is the link , I hope you enjoy it and thank you so much again .

Sincerely, 
Rotana 

No comments:

Post a Comment